Asset Strategy Engineer
Dunedin City, NZ
Application closes Sep 30, 2020
Asset Strategy Engineer
Aurora Energy is putting significant investment into its networks throughout the Otago region. It’s a time of exciting and positive change as a new organisation, working hard to support our community’s future growth.
If you are looking for a strategic asset management role where you can apply all the knowledge you haver gained to make a positive impact whilst still growing your career, then this role is for you!
Reporting to the Strategy & Reliability Performance Manager, this newly created position will lead the continued development and implementation of a risk-based asset management framework. With accountability for the network risk register including documenting asset risks, asset FMECA and other analysis, follow-up, communications and reporting there is plenty of interesting work to sink your teeth into. You will also contribute to the ongoing refinement of our asset management plan and ensuring the new Asset Management System is set up in a way that our strategic asset management goals can be measured and achieved.
With the guidance of an experienced strategy and risk manager and data analyst support you will be well placed to provide advice and coaching to the wider business on asset management strategy, network risk and performance, and continuous improvement towards ISO 55001 certification.
For this exciting opportunity we are seeking someone with the following attributes:
· A Bachelor of Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· Sound electrical distribution experience and knowledge – minimum of five years’ experience
· At least two years’ experience in asset management
· Strong analytical and computer skills enabling collaboration with data analytics experts
· Self-motivated and able to persevere and maintain a focus on continuous improvement for the achievement of long-term outcomes.
· Good communication skills – both in writing and in person with an ability to communicate new concepts and approaches in ways people can understand
· The ability to work well in a team and collaborate
· The ability to provide advice, coach and influence whilst also building and maintaining good working relationships
At Aurora Energy you will join a very talented team and enjoy a positive work environment, with ongoing support for your development in order to reach your potential whilst enjoying all the great lifestyle advantages that Dunedin has to offer.
We see diversity as a strength and welcome applications from anyone who has what it takes, regardless of gender, ethnicity or background.
So what are you waiting for! To apply for the role please submit your CV and a cover letter by clicking APPLY NOW.
For a confidential discussion around this position feel free to call Mark Olsen on 021 433 594.
View full Job Description