We are committed to providing you with a high standard of service and a reliable energy supply. If we’ve let you down, we want to hear from you so we can put it right if we can.

Making a Complaint

We will acknowledge your complaint in writing within two working days of receiving it. If we can’t resolve the matter immediately, we will advise you in writing of the action that we intend to take to resolve your complaint within seven working days of receiving it. The action plan may be outlined in our acknowledgement letter.

We aim to resolve complaints within 20 working days. If your complaint is not resolved within 20 working days, we will inform you of the reason for the delay and work to resolve the complaint within a further 20 working days. We will also notify the status of the complaint to Aurora Energy's chief executive.

Send us feedback or lodge a complaint.

Utilities Disputes Limited

Aurora Energy is a member of the Utilities Disputes Limited scheme that offers a free and independent service for resolving complaints about electricity, and land issues as they relate to the electricity network, if the other means of resolution have failed. You must lodge your complaint via Aurora Energy’s complaints process in the first instance. 

Utilities Disputes Screen

If we have not resolved your complaint within 20 working days, or 40 working days where we have advised you of the reasons for a longer timeframe, or if you are not happy with the resolution of your complaint proposed by us, then you have the option of referring your complaint to Utilities Disputes Limited, provided that you do so within twelve months of the circumstances giving rise to the complaint.

You also have the right to refer your complaint to Utilities Disputes Limited before 40 days have elapsed, in the following circumstances:

  1. If we have advised you that we do not intend to do anything about your complaint; or
  2. The Commissioner is satisfied that you would suffer unreasonable harm from waiting any longer; or
  3. The Commissioner is satisfied that it would be otherwise unjust for you to wait any longer.

Contact Utilities Disputes Limited to refer your complaint.