The Arrowtown line is supplied from Transpower’s Frankton GXP, and supplies four zone substations (Dalefield, Coronet Peak, Arrowtown, and Remarkables) – a total of almost 4,000 customers!
What are the customer benefits of the new cable?
Previously, Arrowtown, Arthurs Point, Coronet Peak, Dalefield, Gibbston, and the Remarkables were supplied by two power lines that shared the electricity load between them, with limited access to an alternative supply if a power outage occurred. The new cable will provide:
- Increased capacity, catering for growth and new development in Arrowtown and surrounding areas
- Greater security of electricity supply for local customers and businesses, in particular the Coronet Peak ski field (supplied by the northern section of the line), and Remarkables ski field (supplied by the southern section of the line)
- Reduced risk of significant outages due to more options to reconfigure the network if there is a widespread outage, thereby reducing the number of customers impacted
Future work in the Arrowtown area
We are making good progress on our investment programme and as part of our maintenance and management of the electricity network, there will be ongoing work to improve the safety and reliability of your power supply. We have a number of other projects planned for the area over the next four years, and will be in touch with customers directly if there needs to be any planned outages so we can complete the work safely:
- Rebuild the Arrowtown zone substation
- Reconfigure the Arrowtown 11 kV distribution line
- Rebuild the Dalefield zone substation
- Create a back-feed supply to Coronet Peak to Dalefield, which will provide electricity supply to either zone substation in the event of a power outage
Thank you for your patience as we carry out this work. For more information, please contact us.