Update 3 - All power restored to Roxburgh and Millers Flat: 27 November 2017, 3:30pm
27 Nov 2017
All power has been restored to affected customers in Roxburgh and Millers Flat, except for a small number of customers who will be supplied by generator later today.
Flooding and land slips following yesterday’s heavy rain caused power outages on the Aurora Energy electricity network in Roxburgh. A vehicle accident has also caused power outages in Millers Flat.
- Power has been restored to all 186 customers affected in the northern part of Roxburgh except five customers who will be supplied by generator later today as a temporary measure. Permanent repairs including replacement of a transformer and pole will be made when ground conditions allow.
- Power has been restored to all 121 customers affected in Millers Flat following a vehicle accident that damaged power poles.
We thank customers for their patience while we worked to restored power.
People should take care be prepared for the possibility of electricity-related hazards and power outages, in particular:
- Always keep well clear of fallen power lines or damaged electrical equipment and treat them as live at all times
- Watch out for falling tree branches as these can cause damage to power lines
- If a power outage occurs, switch appliances off at the wall to avoid possible damage to electrical appliances when power is restored
- Be prepared for power outages. Make sure you have adequate food supplies, warm clothing and bedding, torch and spare batteries, battery radio and an alternative source of heating and cooking.
People using medical equipment that relies on electricity should ensure they are prepared for power disruptions and if there is an immediate health threat, contact their health provider or call 111.