Aurora Energy puts your safety first. We want all our customers, employees, contractors and the wider community to be safe around electricity. Always keep a safe distance from electrical equipment and take extra care when working around electricity.
You can take some simple steps to make sure that you, and others around you, know how to keep yourself safe when around electricity.
- Treat all electricity as live and never touch electrical equipment
- Report electricity faults to your electricity retailer via their faults number
- Phone 111 immediately if there is an injury or risk of a fire
- Follow safe work practice near electrical equipment
- If you see a tree that is growing near or into a power line, contact Delta to arrange pruning services
- Inform others around you of the dangers of electricity
- Be prepared in the event of a natural disaster or extended power outage.
Read our free guide to working safely around Aurora Energy’s electricity network (PDF) before working near our electricity network. We’re here to help and can provide you information and services to help you stay safe.
Our Public Safety Management System controls hazards that present significant risk of serious harm or major property damage. The System complies with the requirement of the Electricity (Safety) Regulations 2010. To report a potential hazard, please complete the Report a Hazard form or contact Delta.