When the Point of Supply from our network is not at your property boundary, connecting to the network involves a few additional steps and more people than the simple connection process. The industry name for this is the Standard Connection Process.
First, speak to your electrician, they'll need information from you about the connection to make sure they can register it with us.
Make sure you have the following information available for them:
- Your contact details, including your email address so we can give you progress updates
- Your electricity retailer (who you pay your bill to)
- Current postal address, so we can send you paperwork if needed
- The address where the new network connection is to be made
- Connection use - is it for a new home, garage, shed, shop
- Land information – might include subdivision plans (if you're part of one), Lot Number and Dp number or section number and block number, whichever applies
Engage a registered electrician and provide them with the details of your new connection request
Your electrician's responsibilities
They will request information from you to begin the connection process