High winds have caused damage to power lines and trees. Severe weather continues and customers with power off should be prepared for the possibility that power will remain off overnight.
We understand the inconvenience that service interruptions cause and we will be working hard to restore power to remaining customers as soon as possible. Delta crews are assessing damage and responding where it is safe and possible to make repairs. The safety of the public and line crews is of primary importance at all times.
The current status as at 8:00pm is:
- Power is out to 1,188 customers in Port Chalmers.
- Power is out to 806 customers in Outram.
- Power is out to 648 customers in North East Valley.
- Power is out to 538 customers Anderson’s Bay.
- Power is out to 343 customers in Berwick.
- Power is out to up to 50 customers in Dalefield and Roxburgh.
People should be prepared for the possibility of electricity-related hazards and power outages, in particular:
- Always keep well clear of fallen power lines or damaged electrical equipment and treat them as live at all times
- Watch out for falling tree branches as these can cause damage to power lines
- Switch appliances off at the wall to avoid possible damage to electrical appliances when power is restored.
- Be prepared for power outages. Make sure you have adequate food supplies, warm clothing and bedding, torch and spare batteries, battery radio and an alternative source of heating and cooking.
People using medical equipment that relies on electricity should ensure they are prepared for power disruptions and if there is an immediate health threat, contact their health provider or call 111.
To report downed power lines, please contact Delta on 0800 433 582.
To report a loss of power, please contact your electricity retailer.