High winds have caused damage to power lines and trees. Severe weather continues and customers with power off should expect that power will remain off overnight.
We understand the inconvenience that service interruptions cause and we will be working hard to restore power to remaining customers as soon as possible. Delta crews are assessing damage and responding where it is safe and possible to make repairs. The safety of the public and line crews is of primary importance at all times.
The current status as at 9:30pm is:
- Power is out to 4,078 customers in the areas of Burnside, Caversham, Concord, Abbotsford, Green Island, Sunnyvale, Fairfield, Waldronville and Ocean View. Crews are in attendance.
- Power is out to 648 customers in North East Valley. Crews are in attendance.
- Power is out to 1,188 customers in Port Chalmers and will remain out overnight.
- Power is out to 343 customers in Berwick and will remain out overnight.
- Power is out to 806 customers in Outram and will remain out overnight.
- Power has been restored to most of the 538 customers affected in Anderson’s Bay.
- Power has been restored to the up to 50 customers affected in Dalefield and Roxburgh.
People should be prepared for the possibility of electricity-related hazards and power outages, in particular:
- Always keep well clear of fallen power lines or damaged electrical equipment and treat them as live at all times
- Watch out for falling tree branches as these can cause damage to power lines
- Switch appliances off at the wall to avoid possible damage to electrical appliances when power is restored.
- Be prepared for power outages. Make sure you have adequate food supplies, warm clothing and bedding, torch and spare batteries, battery radio and an alternative source of heating and cooking.
People using medical equipment that relies on electricity should ensure they are prepared for power disruptions and if there is an immediate health threat, contact their health provider or call 111.
To report downed power lines, please contact Delta on 0800 433 582.
To report a loss of power, please contact your electricity retailer.