Power has been restored to more than 3000 customers during the course of the day.
Power remains out for 1436 people in the following areas after heavy snowfall. Affected customers should prepare to be without power overnight.
- 285 customers in Fernhill are without power
- 379 customers in Lake Hayes and Gibbston Valley are without power
- 73 customers in Speargrass Flat and Lower Shotover are without power
- 360 customers in Glenorchy are without power
- 270 customers in Dalefield (Malaghans Road, Arthurs Point and Coronet Peak Road) are without power
- 69 customers in Littles Road, Queenstown are without power
Customers who rely on medical equipment should contact their retailer for any further updates and if there is an immediate health threat contact their health provider or call 111.
Line crews are working hard to restore power in challenging conditions as off road conditions are treacherous and tracks are hidden and very slippery. Crews are still on site at Arrowtown, Dalefield, Queenstown and Frankton, to repair faults caused by snowload on trees and branches.
The safety of the public and line crews is of utmost importance at all times.
The public is reminded to always keep well clear of fallen power lines or damaged electrical equipment and treat them as live at all times.
We thank the public for their patience while we are working to restore power.
We understand the inconvenience that service interruptions cause and we will be working hard to restore power to affected customers as soon as is safely possible. The safety of the public and line crews is of primary importance at all times.
People should be prepared for the possibility of electricity-related hazards and unplanned power outages, in particular:
- Always keep well clear of fallen power lines or damaged electrical equipment and treat them as live at all times
- Watch out for falling tree branches as these can cause damage to power lines
- If a power outage occurs, switch appliances off at the wall to avoid possible damage to electrical appliances when power is restored
- Make sure you have adequate food supplies, warm clothing and bedding, torch and spare batteries, battery radio and an alternative source of heating and cooking