The current status as at 9:00pm is:
- All power has been restored to customers in Broad Bay, Company Bay and Portobello, following an outage from 5:30pm to 8:45pm
- All power has been restored to the 380 customers affected on the Otago Peninsula from Harwood to Taiaroa Head, following an outage from 4:00pm to 5:00pm
- There are a number of isolated outages for individual customers in Dunedin caused by damage to service lines.
Severe weather continues and customers should be ready for the possibility of power outages.
We understand the inconvenience that service interruptions cause and we will be working hard to restore power to affected customers as soon as possible.
Delta crews will assess damage and respond where it is safe and possible to make repairs. The safety of the public and line crews is of primary importance at all times.
No further update will be provided tonight unless the situation changes significantly.
Severe winds continue and people should be prepared for the possibility of electricity-related hazards and power outages, in particular:
- Always keep well clear of fallen power lines or damaged electrical equipment and treat them as live at all times
- Watch out for falling tree branches as these can cause damage to power lines
- Switch appliances off at the wall to avoid possible damage to electrical appliances when power is restored
- Be prepared for power outages. Make sure you have adequate food supplies, warm clothing and bedding, torch and spare batteries, battery radio and an alternative source of heating and cooking.
People using medical equipment that relies on electricity should ensure they are prepared for power disruptions and if there is an immediate health threat, contact their health provider or call 111.
To report downed power lines, please contact Delta on 0800 433 582.
To report a loss of power, please contact your electricity retailer.