The current status as at 3:30pm is:
- Power has been restored to all customers but 87 in Smith Street, Roslyn and Highgate areas.
- Power is still out to 10 customers in the Port Chalmers area.
- Power is out to 103 customers in the Dalmore, North East Valley and Gardens areas.
- It is likely that power will remain out overnight to 14 customers in the Island Block, Millers Flat and Raes Junction areas. Lines crews have assessed the fault and concluded that it is unsafe to repair, until trees have been removed and weather improves.
As severe weather continues, customers should be ready for the possibility of power outages.
We understand the inconvenience that service interruptions cause and we will be working hard to restore power to affected customers as soon as is safely possible. Delta crews are assessing damage and responding where it is safe and possible to make repairs. The safety of the public and line crews is of primary importance at all times.
Regular updates will be provided as the situation develops.
Severe winds continue and people should be prepared for the possibility of electricity-related hazards and power outages, in particular:
- Always keep well clear of fallen power lines or damaged electrical equipment and treat them as live at all times
- Watch out for falling tree branches as these can cause damage to power lines
- Switch appliances off at the wall to avoid possible damage to electrical appliances when power is restored
Be prepared for power outages. Make sure you have adequate food supplies, warm clothing and bedding, torch and spare batteries, battery radio and an alternative source of heating and cooking.
People using medical equipment that relies on electricity should ensure they are prepared for power disruptions and if there is an immediate health threat, contact their health provider or call 111.
To report downed power lines, or trees in power lines, please contact Delta on 0800 433 582.
To report a loss of power, please contact your electricity retailer.
Aurora Energy is New Zealand’s sixth largest electricity network, supplying electricity to 86,400 homes, farms and businesses in Dunedin and Central Otago.