Delta crews responded overnight by restoring power where possible. Repair work recommenced this morning in daylight. The safety of the public and line crews is of primary importance at all times.
We understand the inconvenience that service interruptions cause and we are working hard to restore power to remaining 2,400 customers as soon as possible. Power was restored to 5,250 customers overnight.
The current status as at 8:30am is:
- All power has been restored to the 4,078 customers affected overnight in the areas of Burnside, Caversham, Concord, Abbotsford, Green Island, Sunnyvale, Fairfield, Waldronville and Ocean View.
- Power has been restored to 569 customers in North East Valley. 79 customer remain without power. Crews are attending.
- Power is out to 513 customers in East Taieri. Crews are attending.
- Power is out to 1,188 customers in Port Chalmers. Crews are attending.
- Power has been restored to 278 customers in Berwick. 65 customers remain without power. Crews are attending.
- Power has been restored to 320 customers in Outram. 481 customers remain without power. Crews are attending.
- Power has been restored 488 customers in Anderson’s Bay. 50 customers remain without power. Crews are attending.
- Power was restored last night to the up to 50 customers affected in Dalefield and Roxburgh.
People should be prepared for the possibility of electricity-related hazards and power outages, in particular:
- Always keep well clear of fallen power lines or damaged electrical equipment and treat them as live at all times
- Watch out for falling tree branches as these can cause damage to power lines
- Switch appliances off at the wall to avoid possible damage to electrical appliances when power is restored.
- Be prepared for power outages. Make sure you have adequate food supplies, warm clothing and bedding, torch and spare batteries, battery radio and an alternative source of heating and cooking.
People using medical equipment that relies on electricity should ensure they are prepared for power disruptions and if there is an immediate health threat, contact their health provider or call 111.
To report downed power lines, please contact Delta on 0800 433 582.
To report a loss of power, please contact your electricity retailer.