360 customers in Glenorchy remain without power with road access to the area still limited. Response crews are repairing power lines and poles damaged by fallen trees at Bob’s Cove on the road to Glenorchy. The line was inspected by helicopter this morning and this confirmed damage was limited to the one area at Bob’s Cove. Every effort is being made to complete repairs and restore power to the Glenorchy township by nightfall. Given the extent of the damage Glenorchy customers currently without power should prepare for the power to remain off overnight. Even with these repairs, approximately 90 rural customers beyond Glenorchy may remain without power overnight. We will provide further updates as the situation develops.
As we restore power to large areas there may still be individuals with faults and who remain without electricity; please call Aurora Energy on 0800 22 00 05 to report the problem.
We thank the public for their patience as we have worked to restore power.
- All power was restored to 285 affected customers in Fernhill, Sunshine Bay and surrounding areas remain at 11:15am this morning.
- All power was restored to 8 affected customers in Arrowtown, Frankton and Kingston Road, Queenstown.
The public is reminded to always keep well clear of fallen power lines or damaged electrical equipment and treat them as live at all times.
Customers who rely on medical equipment should contact their retailer for any further updates and if there is an immediate health threat contact their health provider or call 111.
We understand the inconvenience that service interruptions cause and we will be working hard to restore power to affected customers as soon as is safely possible. The safety of the public and line crews is of primary importance at all times.
People should be prepared for the possibility of electricity-related hazards and unplanned power outages, in particular:
- Always keep well clear of fallen power lines or damaged electrical equipment and treat them as live at all times
- Watch out for falling tree branches as these can cause damage to power lines
- If a power outage occurs, switch appliances off at the wall to avoid possible damage to electrical appliances when power is restored
- Make sure you have adequate food supplies, warm clothing and bedding, torch and spare batteries, battery radio and an alternative source of heating and cooking