Delta crews responded overnight restoring power where possible. Repair work recommenced at daylight this morning and crews have attended multiple sites throughout the day. The safety of the public and line crews is of primary importance at all times.
We understand the inconvenience that service interruptions cause and we are working hard to restore power to the remaining 311 customers affected as soon as possible. Power has been restored to 7,340 customers since last night.
There are a number of isolated outages for individual consumers throughout Dunedin and Central Otago caused by damage to service lines that are not on the Aurora Energy network.
The current status as at 3:00pm is:
- Power remains out for 106 customers at Cape Saunders on the Otago Peninsula and will remain out overnight until repairs can be completed. The damage has been identified and the damage to power equipment is severe with a number of power poles needing to be replaced.
- Power remains out for 105 customers in Berwick.
- Power remains out for 50 customers in Outram.
- Power remains out for 50 customers in Anderson’s Bay.
- All power has been restored to the 100 customers in East Taieri.
- All power has been restored to the 79 customers affected in North East Valley.
- All power has been restored to the 30 customers affected in Aramoana, expect for one home.
- All power is restored in Central Otago.
People should be prepared for the possibility of electricity-related hazards and power outages, in particular:
- Always keep well clear of fallen power lines or damaged electrical equipment and treat them as live at all times
- Watch out for falling tree branches as these can cause damage to power lines
- Switch appliances off at the wall to avoid possible damage to electrical appliances when power is restored
- Be prepared for power outages. Make sure you have adequate food supplies, warm clothing and bedding, torch and spare batteries, battery radio and an alternative source of heating and cooking.
People using medical equipment that relies on electricity should ensure they are prepared for power disruptions and if there is an immediate health threat, contact their health provider or call 111.
To report downed power lines, please contact Delta on 0800 433 582.
To report a loss of power, please contact your electricity retailer.