Power has been restored to 7,600 customers since last night. We understand the inconvenience that service interruptions cause. We are continuing to work hard to restore power to the remaining 38 customers affected as soon as possible. The safety of the public and line crews is of primary importance at all times.
Delta crews responded overnight restoring power where possible, and carried out repair work throughout today at multiple sites. Repair work will continue until nightfall and continue over the weekend to restore power to the remaining customers affected.
There are a number of isolated outages for individual customers throughout Dunedin and Central Otago caused by damage to service lines that are not on the Aurora Energy network.
The current status as at 5:00pm follows.
- Power remains out for 18 customers in Berwick.
- Power remains out for 10 customers at Cape Saunders on the Otago Peninsula. Repair work will continue until nightfall. Some customers can expect to remain without power overnight until repairs can be completed. The damage to power equipment was severe with a number of power poles needing to be replaced.
- Power remains out for 10 customers in Outram.
- All power has been restored to the 50 customers affected in Anderson’s Bay.
- All power is restored in Central Otago.
People should be prepared for the possibility of electricity-related hazards and power outages, in particular:
- Always keep well clear of fallen power lines or damaged electrical equipment and treat them as live at all times
- Watch out for falling tree branches as these can cause damage to power lines
- Switch appliances off at the wall to avoid possible damage to electrical appliances when power is restored.
- Be prepared for power outages. Make sure you have adequate food supplies, warm clothing and bedding, torch and spare batteries, battery radio and an alternative source of heating and cooking.
People using medical equipment that relies on electricity should ensure they are prepared for power disruptions and if there is an immediate health threat, contact their health provider or call 111.
To report downed power lines, please contact Delta on 0800 433 582.
To report a loss of power, please contact your electricity retailer.