High winds have caused damage to power poles and caused trees to clash into overhead lines. We understand the inconvenience that service interruptions cause and we will be working hard to restore power to remaining consumers as soon as possible.
Delta crews responded overnight by restoring power where possible. Repair work recommenced this morning in daylight. The safety of the public and line crews is of primary importance at all times.
The current status is:
- Power is out to consumers in Wanaka, Dalefield, Lake Hayes, Lake Hayes Estate, The Neck and Makarora, Cardrona, Closeburn and Glenorchy, Springvale and parts of Alexandra.
- All power to East Taieri has been restored, expect for consumers in McMaster Road (Saddle Hill). Delta line crews are in attendance and supply will be restored after clearing a large tree.
- All power has been restored to consumers in North East Valley.
- 3 consumers in Port Chalmers remain without power.
Severe weather conditions continue and consumers should be prepared in the event of further power outages. Please report faults to your electricity retailer via their faults number. In particular, people should:
- Always keep well clear of fallen power lines or damaged electrical equipment and treat them as live at all times.
- Watch out for falling tree branches as these can cause damage to power lines
- Switch appliances off at the wall to avoid possible damage to electrical appliances when power is restored.